Many of our students live within commuting distance of campus and spend less time on campus than those who live in one of the residence halls. If you are a commuter student, we hope you will take advantage of what we have to offer in terms of co-curricular activities, academic support, and social or recreational events.
The Student Affairs Team, along with our colleagues in Academic Affairs, wants to work with commuter students, both individually and as a group, to enrich the college experience.
Services available to commuters at Pitt-Johnstown include:
- The Commuter Lounge is located on the first floor of the Student Union in room 162 near the eateries. This space provides tables, chairs, couches, a microwave, a place to study or hangout with a large flat screen tv, etc. This is open while the building is open and you are encouraged to utilize this space for group projects and to connect with friends and classmates. Special events will be held in this space as well!
- More than 100 Student Organizations are available on campus. Visit the annual Activities Fair in September at the Student Union to meet with organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Women in Engineering, Black Action Society, and Ski Club. A new club can be started with a minimum of ten people.
- There is also an active Commuter Club on campus that provides Commuter Appreciation Day and offers support to those who live-off campus.
- Commuter rooms are available on campus through the commuter-in-residence program. Many commuter students also take advantage of study areas in Owen Library and the food court area in the Student Union. (Special commuter meal plans are available.)
- Bus Service is available through CamTran (Cambria County Transit Authority), which provides local bus service between the Pitt-Johnstown campus, Walmart Plaza, Galleria Mall, and the Main Street terminal in downtown Johnstown by bus routes #9 and #11. Schedules may be obtained online.