Phi Sigma Sigma International Sorority was founded at Hunter College (NY) in 1913, and was established at Pitt-Johnstown in September, 1991.
The colors are king blue and gold; the flower is the American Beauty rose; the jewel is the sapphire; and the symbol is the Sphinx.
“Aim High” is the sorority motto. Phi Sigma Sigma's national philanthropy is School Readiness. All proceeds from their annual Haunted House are donated to the Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation.