Healthy Campus Initiative
Take advantage of the many opportunities available at Pitt-Johnstown to enhance the healthy development of your mind, body and spirit. Individual wellness is largely determined by the decisions you make on a daily basis.
What is the Healthy Campus Initiative?
The Healthy Campus Initiative is a University-wide wellness program designed to address health and wellness issues using a multi-dimensional, comprehensive, and holistic approach. Resources, programs, and activities are available to empower you to improve your overall degree of wellness. The Initiative strives to:
- Create a positive approach to healthy living that promotes a pathway to optimal health and well-being
- Reinforce, recognize, and affirm efforts to develop lifelong healthy habits by focusing on achieving balance throughout all aspects of life and maximizing individual potential
- Recognize that one’s educational experience is enhanced through core programs that promote the healthy development of the mind, body, and spirit
- Empower each student to make safe and healthy choices through participation in programs that encourage personal development across the physical, social andemotional, and environmental aspects of life
- Build awareness of positive action in maintaining personal wellness throughout a lifespan
What Are the Benefits of the Healthy Campus Initiative?
- Improved health and quality of life
- Improved fitness
- Development of lifelong healthy habits
- Decreased stress levels
- Improved concentration
- Decreased risk of lifestyle-related diseases
- Better preparation for the real world after college
Three Dimensions of Wellness: