Job and Internship Fair
Thursday, October 4, 2018
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Cambria Room - Student Union
It's Pitt-Johnstown's Fall Job and Internship Fair! Whether it's an internship, a part-time, or full-time job...here's your chance to do some one-stop shopping for your future!
Here are a few things that you can do to prepare:
- Register to attend in Handshake
Log into your Handshake account through the Pitt portal to register for the event. This will allow for a quick registration and name tag printing at the event. Here's how to register:
- Log into your Handshake account.
- At the top of the Handshake page, select "Events"
- Beneath "Upcoming Events," select "Search Events"
- On the left-hand side of the screen, choose "University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown" from the "Career Center" filter.
- Click on "Job and Internship Fair" and then click "Join Event."
- Make sure your resume is perfect!
Don't forget about Walk-In Wednesdays! Stop in between 2 and 4 p.m. on any Wednesday and have your resume reviewed....no appointment necessary. Make sure you know about ways to make your resume more compliant with Applicant Tracking Software (click here to learn more).
- Do your homework!
Check out the list of participating companies and identify your preferred ones...and research them. Know something about each company so you can speak to the recruiters in an informed way.
- Prepare your elevator speech!
What's an elevator speech? It's a one minute introduction about yourself...tell the employer your name, your major, your career interests, your skills and abilities, and why YOU are the perfect person to be hired.
- Dress for success!
It takes only 7 seconds for someone to develop a first impression...so make sure you look your best! Be sure to wear professional attire to the event.
- Follow up!
Get the contact information (usually a business card) for each recruiter with whom you speak and send an email to those recruiters after the event. In your emails, attach your resume and reference something from your conversation so the recruiters will remember you...and express interest in specific positions.
This event is limited to 40 employers - Register here now!
- Each organization will be assigned a table with skirting and two chairs
- Exhibitor spaces will be allocated on a first-registered, first-served basis
- Set-up begins at 10 a.m. on Thursday, October 4, in the Cambria Room
- Access to electrical outlets is limited and will be first-come, first-served
- Lunch to be provided
- Campus Map
For additional information, please contact Kim Shook at email@example.com or 814-269-1962.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
Spring 2019 Job and Internship Fair
Thursday, March 21, 2019
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Registration link will be live in January