It's Pitt-Johnstown's Job and Internship Fair! Whether it's a summer internship, a part-time, or full-time job...here's your chance to do some one-stop shopping for your future!
Here are a few things that you can do to prepare:
- Make sure your resume is perfect!
Don't forget about Walk-In Wednesdays! Stop in between 2 and 4 p.m. on any Wednesday and have your resume reviewed....no appointment necessary. Make sure you know about ways to make your resume more compliant with Applicant Tracking Software (click here to learn more).
- Do your homework!
Check out the list of participating companies and identify your preferred ones...and research them. Know something about each company so you can speak to the recruiters in an informed way. Click here to view a list of participating companies.
- Prepare your elevator speech!
What's an elevator speech? It's a one minute introduction about yourself...tell the employer your name, your major, your career interests, your skills and abilities, and why YOU are the perfect person to be hired.
- Dress for success!
It takes only 7 seconds for someone to develop a first impression...so make sure you look your best! Be sure to wear professional attire to the event. (Not sure what to wear? Come to our Dress for Success event on Wednesday, March 15, at 5 p.m. in the dining hall!)
- Deadline to register is Monday, March 13.
- Each organization will be assigned a table with skirting and two chairs
- Exhibitor spaces will be allocated on a first-registered, first-served basis
- Set-up begins at 10 a.m. on Thursday, March 23, in the Wellness Center
- Access to electrical outlets is limited and will be first-come, first-served
- Lunch to be provided
- Campus Map
For additional information, please contact Kim Shook at email@example.com or 814-269-1962.