The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown's marketing program is clearly distinctive.
Students have access to a strong curriculum, remain on the cutting edge with digital courses, learn from in-depth seminars, enjoy small class sizes, gain Real World experience, and build their own brand.
- Strong Curriculum and Industry Certifications. The curriculum mirrors the leading Marketing programs in the nation and offers the same required core courses such as Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, and Marketing Management, plus a valuable new course, Marketing Tools and Analytics, that offers students the opportunity to earn a Google AdWords certification.
- Stay Sharp with Cutting Edge Digital Courses. Social Media War Room and Integrated Digital Marketing hones digital marketing skills with real clients while building a portfolio. These groundbreaking courses offer free Hootsuite certification and are unique among colleges in the region.
- Learn the Power of 4-P’s Seminars. In-depth seminar courses help you stand out in each of the functional areas of Marketing, usually offered only at major universities, include: Product Management, Distribution Management, Pricing Management, and Promotion Management.
- Experience Small Class Sizes. Marketing courses encourage students to excel in small classrooms where the instructor gets to know you. The largest class size is 35 and upper-level courses enroll only 20-30 students.
- Gain Real-World Experience. Hands-on learning is ingrained in our program where students "learn by doing" in classes, labs, and in the field instead of just reading textbooks and taking tests. Pitt-Johnstown students work with not-for-profit organizations and entrepreneurs every semester to practice what they learned in the classroom.
- Build Your Own Brand. Students learn how to develop a personal brand that will be critical to success in the real world, including ways to use career services and social media to promote themselves to prospective employers.