The ID Center at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown provides fingerprinting services for the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Department of Human Services, Department of Transportation including HAZMAT, Department of Banking, Department of Aging, and LWTA for PA State Police (Hosted by Cogent Systems).
Act 114 of 2006, Section 111 of the Public School Code was amended effective April 1, 2007, to require a Federal Criminal History record for individuals working in schools who have direct contact with children.
Pitt-Johnstown ID Center
G-61, Student Union Building
Call 814-269-7071 (press 1 to obtain current hours of operation)
Please call for hours of operation.
Applicants must register online beforehand. Once on campus, park in visitor lots.
1. Register with Cogent Systems (online at Cogent Systems website. or by telephone 1-888-439-2486). An ID number will be provided and is required for presentation at the fingerprint site. Failure to provide this number will cause a delay in the process and may prevent the LiveScan operator from being able to take your prints.
2. Pay the application fee online using a credit card or debit card. Money orders or cashier’s checks may be made payable to 3M Cogent, and will be accepted at the fingerprint site if unable to pay electronically. If paying in person, each patron to be fingerprinted must have an individual money order or cashier’s check for the exact amount required. Rates are available on the Cogent Systems website.
3. Cash transactions or personal checks will not be accepted.
4. Proper identification is required.
5. Groups of 10 or more should contact the ID Center in advance.
6. ID Center staff will review identification to establish and confirm the applicant’s identity.
7. Staff will scan all 10 fingers to complete the process.
8. The fingerprint information is electronically sent to the Pennsylvania State Police, who in turn submit the fingerprints and demographic information for the FBI.
9. Information regarding the handling and accessibility of the results can be found online at the Cogent Systems website.